Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Open Burning Information...

Department of Air Quality (DAQ) has set up a website and are asking people living in Residential areas to register online to obtain a burn application. This will have to be done prior to obtaining a burn permit from us. Every fire department will be doing this throughout the state, as per the new law R307-202-7 that went into effect on March 1, 2013

This effects only Residential burning only, Agricultural permits that were issued by Genola Fire Department are still valid to use. If you live in a non Greenbelt home 2.5 acres and smaller you will need to go online and obtain a burn application before you come to the fire station. 

We understand there will be a three (3) day turn around period to receive it back so please plan ahead as we cannot issue one without it.

After March 30th you can use this open burning link to start the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment